Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square Enix family, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of game development experience, as well as our combined AAA games industry pedigree, has established us as one of best studios to work for today. Join us and help shape the future of the award-winning Tomb Raider franchise, Marvel’s Avengers, and the next Perfect Dark!
Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and plenty of days of paid time-off.
Come be a part of the future of Marvel’s Avengers!
Crystal Dynamics is looking for a talented Software Engineer to work in collaboration with Artists, Animators, Designers, and other Engineers to develop and iterate on game features, systems, tools & pipelines for AAA titles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with peers and/or senior programmers on priorities and design review, and then take ownership and development responsibilities for extending existing systems or on new systems
- Work autonomously, with proven ability to define, refine, and alter technical designs and implementation of large or complex systems or tools
- Work independently with other internal groups including QA and leads to resolve problems
- Responsible for development process on assigned systems and tasks, including creation of or contribution to technical design documents, accurately assessing time requirements and confidence level, and successfully completing milestones
- Effectively communicate thoughts and ideas with peer programmers and supervisor, collectively working towards larger technical goals
- Take point on communication to clients of systems, offering a responsive and accurate status of development to the clients and internal staff
- 2 years of experience designing, implementing, and optimizing C++ code in new and existing systems
- Demonstrated knowledge in overall game architecture and tools, with experience in game development, game systems, tools and platform
- Creation and contributing to technical design documents, code documentation, and Wiki/Web based documents
- Responding to changing requirements, and potential development issues and roadblocks
- Experience with game and central technology programming, having contributed to 1+ game titles
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with UI, networking, and gameplay is desirable, but not required
We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.