Junior 2D Artist
Live Content Creation
Being able to create live content from concepting to the final merge request
- Concepting Live Content (such as weapons skins or emblems) according to the content's vision and purpose.
- Creating Live Content consistent with the style and the quality of the other content in the project utilizing the pre-set pipelines and standards.
- Being able to implement the Live Content in the Unity game engine and creating merge requests for them.
- Being able to author, polish, and implement Live Content designed by other artists or parties so that the result is still true to the original design and intent.
Additional Responsibilities if needed:
Producing various in-game 2D assets
- Working on in-game events 2D content such as pop-ups and hub backgrounds while following the overall vision and style of the feature/event.
- Designing and implementing custom animation thumbnails.
- Creating the content to match the set pipelines and quality standards.
- Participating in the team meetings and following the set processes such as daily standup, retrospectives and sprint plannings.
- Learning how to take and give feedback about issues
- Requesting feedback according to our processes and implementing changes according to feedback.
- Being familiar with standardized tools such as GIT and SVN.
- Task management
- Able to manage given tasks and report blockers if any
- Evaluate and create tasks supporting the producer keeping the backlog up to date
Applicants are expected to provide an art portfolio and might require taking an art test for consideration.
Critical Force is a Finnish game company with offices in both Kajaani and Helsinki. We are focusing on competitive multiplayer games for mobile. We strive to create games that are fun to play on both casual and competitive levels.
Our flagship game is a first-person shooter Critical Ops, which has been downloaded over 100 million times worldwide and has become a trailblazer in electronic sports played on mobile devices. We all share a passion for our creations, from interns to senior developers. We pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
The selected candidate can decide to work from either of our offices - in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small-town vibe next to nature - or in Helsinki - in the heart of a bustling games capital. Remote working in other places in Finland is also possible, but the ability to visit the offices from time to time will be required.
- Opportunity to join a game studio awarded multiple times by different organizations
- Transparent and caring company culture
- A fast-moving work environment is driven by people with a passion for games
- The option to work from time to time in either of our offices, in Helsinki or Kajaani
- Good benefits, incl. comprehensive health, travel insurance, and dental care
- Flexible working environment and autonomous teams
- Opportunity to grow and develop into more responsible roles