(Closed) UI Artist
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a UI Artist Does At Criterion
We are looking for creative, collaborative and passionate people to help us create beautiful, immersive interfaces that enhance the game experience.
Reporting to the UI Art Director, you will be creating interface ergonomics and overlays for in game presentation and functionality of the product. You will use your experience to help improve workflows and create assets for the interface as part of a highly creative and collaborative team.
A UI Artist needs: .
- A portfolio showcasing your user interface and graphic design skills.
- Good understanding of visual and UX design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Sketch, Invision and Adobe XD.
- Experience creating design briefs, style guides, visual targets and prototypes that support an overall vision.
- Experience design user-tests and adapting to feedback to improve usability.
- Love of art and games
- Previous AAA game development experience
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.