(Closed) Platform QA Lead (Criterion)
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for excellent game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout and Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a QA Lead (Platform) Does At Criterion
QA Leads are champions of best practice and new ideas in testing, playing an important role in driving our craft forward. They shape testing procedures and ensure accurate execution and reporting of all testing activities by the wider QA team for their area(s) of ownership.
- Be the QA owner for the functional integration of all platform specific features and tools.
- Determine and maintain the test strategy for owned features/systems, ensuring accurate reporting of status and risk.
- Participate in daily development stand-ups and share updates with the wider QA team.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the different platform specific game systems and associated requirements; share details and updates with the wider QA team.
- Use development tools to guide issue identification upstream and promote defect prevention.
- Guide the implementation and maintenance of automation and telemetry systems across the game.
- Provide clear qualitative feedback.
- A passion for quality.
- Previous game or software development QA experience across multiple titles.
- Knowledge of gaming consoles and their systems.
- Experience with white-box/grey-box testing techniques.
- Experience in peer mentoring.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with game engine editors, such as Frostbite, Unreal Engine, or Unity.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience with test automation and telemetry systems.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme, pension scheme and stock plans
- Private medical insurance and dental care, life insurance and free onsite gym
- Employee discounts and rail season ticket loans
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Onsite café, casual dress code and games areas