Lead Game Designer
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our accomplished people have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you will be a part of it.
What a Game Design Lead does at Criterion:
The Game Design Lead role will be responsible for defining, and working with their teams to develop core ‘Need For Speed’ player experiences. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working in areas including Campaign design, Event design or Multi-player design.
- Reporting to the Creative Director you will lead a diverse team to collaboratively produce designs for core player experiences that satisfy the product goals and creative vision
- You will Inspire and align your team around your and the teams design ideas.
- Work with Production and Project Management partners to direct the development of game features
- Work with the development team to review and guide the implementation of game experiences
- Experience leading the creative team for core game experiences
- Passion for working collaboratively with diverse crafts and teams
- Experience as a Design Lead within Games Development
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
- Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
- Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
- Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.