We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our accomplished people have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout and Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for someone passionate about the fun in games and looking to build their career in the DevOps/SRE Engineering domain. If you are ready to jump on the forefront of cloud, containers and live services, we want to hear from you! We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join us to ensure the best experience possible in game. This means working with everyone from content designers, Frostbite engine engineers, producers and senior technical leaders to design a scalable architecture that can support and scale to thousands of users a minute with an insanely high uptime.
What a DevOps Software Engineer does at EA
- You will work with the entire infrastructure of the Need For Speed franchise to make sure our players can have an always-online experience
- Develop user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines and workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game servers
- Implement reporting and monitoring of services
- Work with the Frostbite Team to implement server solutions for changes in upcoming releases
- AWS or similar cloud experience
- Git or Perforce
- Scripting experience in Python, Go, Bash or Perl
- Linux / Ubuntu / Centos
- RDBMS database experience
- Dashboard creation experience in Kibana, Grafana or similar
Bonus Points For
- C++ understanding
- Experience working in a game studio
- Experience implementing monitoring solutions
- Experience working in an enterprise micro-service environment
- Comfortable working in a large Linux and Windows environment
We appreciate the work contractors provide, so here at Criterion we like to offer you great facilities while you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Onsite café
- Our very own barista
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.