Tools Engineer – New Sci-Fi FPS IP
We have an excellent opportunity for a developer to join the team as a Tools Engineer working on our new Sci-Fi FPS IP at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex
The Tools Programmer should proactively look for opportunities to make our development team more efficient and frictionless. The improvements should cover every aspect of development from Content Creation to Programming or even Team Management. The ideal candidate should be able design, implement, deploy and maintain complex pipelines or tools.
You will be crucial in keeping the development team working without blockages, bug free and as efficiently as possible. So, to be successful in this role, you will be forward-thinking, pro-active and autonomous in your problem-solving and communication.
- In this role you will be vital to the development and release of major AAA titles.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible to improve all aspects of our Pipelines and Tools
- Be open, friendly, and approachable with the ability to collaborate and communicate with developers across the team from all disciplines
- Carry out tasks varying from writing Plugins for Unreal Engine code using C++, to creating a tools with C#.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Solid C++ skills
- Solid C# skills
- Unreal Editor Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to facilitate cross team working
- Games Industry Experience
- Unity Editor Experience
- Elasticsearch / Kibana
- Usage of Web APIs
- Used UI frameworks (like WPF)
- Solid technical foundation (e.g. Computer Science / Maths degree or equivalent)
Note: Please try to include a cover letter with your application
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief