We are looked for a Sound Designer to join our in-house audio team based at our game development studio based in Horsham. In this role, the successful candidate will create, implement, and mix sound effects and other audio for our multi award-winning Total War titles developed at the studio.
We are passionate about the craft of designing and mixing sounds, so as a creative and technical individual this is an ideal opportunity to be part of a great team.
All Audio applicants are required to submit a show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design. Applications cannot be considered without an accompanying show reel. Note additionally, this is a game sound designer role, that doesn’t involve any music production, or music related sound design
As a Sound Designer, you will be responsible creating sound effects using techniques such as location/studio recording,
On a day to day basis you will:
- Carrying out foley recording in addition to utilising pre-recorded in-house and commercial material
- Create, implement, and mix audio content into the game
- Use Audiokinetic Wwise, other 3rdparty software and our in-house tools
- Ensure sounds are up to AAA standards in quality, creativity and optimisation
You will report to the Lead Sound Designer, and ensure that your creative and technical produce is in line with the goals and feedback set by the Audio Director, and is consistent with any pre-existing styling and implementations in the project(s)
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- In-house games development experience as a ‘sound designer’ or similar
- Proven track record of high-quality sound design, showing creative flair
- Experienced at integrating audio in to and mixing game projects
- Experience with Wwise audio engine
- Pro Tools 9 or above or Reaper experience to advanced level
- Must be a pro-active, problem solver who is highly organized and solution focused – seeks challenges and delivers results
- Ability to work as a team player and under own initiative
- Ability to plan, organise and oversee location SFX recording sessions
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience
- A keen interest in and a passion for sound and music in games and other forms of a/v entertainment
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand a bonus
- Professional location and studio-based sound effects recording experience
- Strong ability mixing and tracklay to linear footage.
- AAA video game experience
A full clean driving licence to be able to attend remote Foley sessions
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.