Senior QA Lead - New IP
Position at Creative Assembly
We are looking for an experienced QA Lead who is passionate and enthusiastic about quality and video games, to join award-winning Creative Assembly’s team behind Alien: Isolation. With a focus on assisting the QA Manager you will help with the day to day task running, mentoring and organisation of our Core QA staff. Working with our talented development and QA teams, as well as coordinating with Publishing QA you will help ensure the quality on new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable leading staff, who can drive the completion of tasks for both themselves and their team under the direction of the QA Manager. You will have good initiative, are able work independently with an excellent eye for detail and can apply a methodical approach to tasks and problem solving to get the best from the team. Staff development and mentoring through 1 to 1s, resolving issues both personal and professional will play a big part of the role.
The primary function of the role is to Lead the QA team by setting the example in professional standards & diligent QA practice. You will coordinate the priority of testing requirements with the Production team as well as coordinate testing goals and objectives, as well as task delegation with Publisher QA.
In this leadership position you will be tasked with conducting Probationary reviews for all new starters and conducting 1 to 1s and/or performance improvement plans for QA Leads as well as Senior members. Your work will assess project progress and request additional resource. In this role you will work closely with the QA Manager and lead recruitment interviews as required and maintain the high-level QA test plan schedule, QA test plans & all other QA documentation in conjunction with publisher QA.
As a Sr QA Lead, you will be a role model for staff, mentoring them in their own career goals and developing them to be better testers. You will work closely with the QA Manager and other QA Leads to ensure that the vision for QA professional standards, and QA processes across the various phases of the project from production to post launch DLC are achieved.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A passion for quality
- Experience managing local and remote teams.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and career development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format.
- Previous game or software development QA experience (4+ years, including 2+ years in a lead/manager role).
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to follow set process and a methodical approach when investigating issues.
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games.
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant field that can be applied to Audio Games Testing.
- Previous leadership experience working in Games or other related fields is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on a AAA title in a development studio.
- Passion for First Person shooting games
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, TestRail and Perforce.
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality- Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus- We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork- We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect- Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust- Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.