(Closed) Senior Licensing Manager
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Licencing Manager to join our talented team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
In this role, you will report into the Executive Producer supporting and predominantly focusing on working with an external agency to secure compelling licensed content to create an exciting new video game experience. You will have responsibility for the day to day management of key licensor and agent relationships for the title currently in development.
As the ‘go-to’ person for critical aspects of the overall experience, this role is an exciting & invigorating challenge for someone looking to develop and manage a world-class portfolio of licensor relationships. The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated and will possess a passion for brands, product innovation and business development.
In the role of Licencing Manager, you will work in collaboration with other members of the leadership team, most notably the Creative Director, the Art Director and the Head of Marketing & PR as well as an external licensing agency. You will be responsible for developing the strategy and vision for our licensing relationships across all areas of the game, marketing assets, materials and live events. As a part of the licence acquisition process, you will feed into the game development Budget Planning and forecasting.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for working closely with our partner Licensing Agency to secure, mutually beneficial relationships with a significant number of well-known Brands, IP and recognisable content
- Successfully identify suitable licensing partners across multiple product categories within the US, UK and internationally
- Work closely with our partner Licensing Agency to develop strong and sustainable relationships with global and regional IP holders
- Own relationships with licensing agents ensuring clear and regular communication
- Identify existing IP’s and Brands that resonate strongly with target audiences and spot upcoming trends
- Work with the SEGA legal team, to ensure the deal approval processes, contract and royalties management systems, as well as the tracking of annual licensing budget expenditure are all executed smoothly throughout the project
- Liaise with SEGA brand pillar teams to obtain IP & Brand information and regional market data
- Attend trade fairs and other regional meetings with existing and prospective licensing partners
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Solid business acumen
- Extensive licensing IN experience in related entertainment industries
- Previous experience with licensing partners
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Focused, proactive, and highly organised, able to manage complex negotiations and relationships concurrently
- Flexible approach to work with willingness to take on extra but relevant responsibilities outside the normal remit of the role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise with minimal supervision
- Languages such as Russian, French, German and/or Spanish would be an advantage
- An existing portfolio of Brand & IP contacts
- A passion and interest in the First-Person Shooter (FPS) genre on PC & Console
- Familiar with emerging trends in multiple forms of entertainment, culture, fashion & music
Opening Date: 20 August 2020
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
Closing Date: 17 September 2020
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.