Senior Environment Artist – New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished and senior Environment Artist to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team and build a believable world.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
As a Senior Environment Artist on the project, you will be involved in many aspects of environment construction, working in coordination with Design and Concept Art to deliver an immersive and visually impressive world. You will be asked to help guide this process. Your substantial experience will highlight and avoid potential pitfalls early and also reveal opportunities for efficiency and increased quality.
You will be tasked with creating levels for a new exciting IP that will involve everything from modelling and material creation, to level construction and dressing. Working closely with the wider development team, you will work within set time constraints and hit the quality benchmark expected of the project. Identifying opportunities for stronger output and even more effective use of time will be required. You will also implement feedback as appropriate and in a manner that provides a good example to the rest of the team.
Additionally, and where possible, providing support and coaching to your fellow artists would be expected of a Senior Environment Artist. This will be constructive and respectful to help improve the effectiveness of the Environment Art team.
Working diligently, whilst displaying proficiency and competence, is extremely important for the team. Leading by example will be highly valuable and somewhat expected of an experienced Senior Environment Artist.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Visual flare and talent for creating environments with a good artistic eye for composition
- Strong understanding of structure, form and construction
- Skilled in 3ds Max/Maya/Modo(preference 3ds Max)
- Experience with Substance Designer, Painter and Photoshop
- Experience of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Positive team work ethic. Collaboration and communication skills are important
- A real passion and love for visual environment creation
- 2d concepting or technical Art skills always a plus
- Experience with ZBrush
- Experience with Marvellous Designer
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.