Project Development Director
Creative Assembly are looking for an experienced Development Director to join our Total War team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will be involved with every aspect of the project through its entire life cycle, coordinating and communicating across multiple disciplines. You will work collaboratively with the game team to establish requirements, create project plans, identify dependencies, solve problems, prioritise work and drive project delivery.
In your role as the Project Development Director you will manage the day-to-day, and week-to-week, process of leading a cross discipline game team. You will provide support to keep the project moving forward and the team positive, motivated and focused.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Manage planning, communication and process across the team
- Review and refine our existing processes and apply the appropriate methodologies to ensure the team is following best practice
- Identify project risks and providing clear mitigation strategies
- Define and manage the project budget
- Work with key team members to ensure the structure supports the game delivery
- Encourage and support a high performing, collaborative team
- Lead and mentor the Production team on your project via one to ones alongside day-to-day management, giving them guidance continuously while respecting their autonomy and ensuring they develop their career in line with the studio values
- Support the team by helping them to find common ground and a shared way forward when they encounter roadblocks or cannot find alignment
- Work collaboratively with external partners and stakeholders in a constructive manner while still protecting the team
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Very strong organisational skills. Driven and self-motivated
- Experience delivering multiple large game titles, working in an Agile development environment but delivering to strict timelines
- Strong project management experience with a good understanding of planning, scheduling, process and people management
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Able to identify and assess risks and strategize to mitigate
- Experience successfully managing large, multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience managing complex project budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Enthusiastic with a genuine passion for games
- Excellent knowledge and experience using a range of project management tools.
- Knowledge of the Total War Franchise
- Previous experience working with one or more of QA, Localisation, Perforce, JIRA
- SAFe experience or knowledge
- GaaS experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.