Position at Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is looking for a Management Accountant to join our Finance Team here at our Studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will also work closely with the current Accounting and Analytical teams within Creative Assembly and our parent company, Sega, to improve our management reporting and information. This will be a varied role, with a lot of opportunity to work with many areas of the business.
On a Day-to-day Basis You Will
- Work with the existing Accounting and Analytical teams to develop and collate Management reporting for the business
- Including standard reporting, P+Ls, project reports
- Updating and monitoring KPIS
- Adding commentary to clarify movements and changes
- Ensuring regular and prompt delivery of key information
- Work with parent company (Sega Europe) to obtain group level information and translate into usable MI for the studio
- Maintain monthly revenue reporting
- Collate and report on Marketing Budgets
- Assist in improving financial data and information
- Development of project MI and dashboards
- Identify trends and irregularities within our financial data and present this to management and/or project teams
- Improve usability of information
- Identify improvements to the format and presentation of information
- Work with Business teams to identify information needs and deliver usable solutions
- Assist in the Sega group project approval process
- Document Finance processes and flows
- Ad hoc projects
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in a Management accountant or FP+A role, preferably in a large organisation
- Experience in preparing internal reporting and Management information in a user-friendly format
- Advanced Excel skills – Lookups, Tables, graphs, Macros
- Strong PowerPoint skills, experience in using web-based applications to present information beneficial
- Demonstrable experience in presenting usable data
- CIMA Part Qualified / Qualified beneficial
- Experience working with game teams or creative industries
- Knowledge of SAP BPC an advantage
- CIMA Part Qualified or Qualified
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.