Jira Production Administrator
Position at Creative Assembly
Our excellent in-house IT team is looking for a Jira Production Administrator to join the team at Creative Assembly, at our game development studios based in Horsham, West Sussex.
This is an opportunity for a driven individual to take the reins of our Jira and Atlassian systems. You will be working within the IT team and across all development teams to coordinate standards, guidance, administration, reporting and development activities to provide a reliable, state-of-the-art Atlassian environment that is customised to the studio’s requirements.
This is a busy, fast-paced role which requires excellent communication and collaboration skills. You should be highly organised, delivery focussed and able to work under pressure. The successful candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of both Confluence and Jira in a production capacity, experience with reporting tools and knowledge of Jira administration.
On a Day-to-day Basis You Will
- Perform both the short- and long-term support and development of our Jira and Confluence instances
- Be expected to coordinate and assist production teams with the implementation and maintenance of all aspects of their projects
- Coordinate Jira standards across all development teams, and in the future enhance reporting and business intelligence output from Jira
- Engage with the production and management teams to ensure Atlassian requirements are met
- Define, manage, and communicate best practices, so we have consistent templates and approaches across the studio
- Bring new ideas to the table and the ability to work with others to implement them
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience working in a production-oriented role
- Experience in JIRA/Confluence management and administration, as well as a Knowledge of Jira Data Centre implementations
- Experience managing Jira projects for multi-discipline teams - customise workflows, permissions, screens, and issues types specific to team requirements
- Atlassian plugin/integration implementation experience
- An understanding of one or more development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Very strong organisational skills; driven and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with large, multi-project environments
- Ability to write customised plug-ins and interfaces between Jira and Confluence. Training can be provided
- Working knowledge and understanding of Jira REST & Java APIs
- Business Intelligence background, knowledge or interest
- Knowledge of business value cost analysis
- SQL database language skills
- An understanding of reporting requirements and reporting tools
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.