Graduate C++ Programmers
Our world-class Total War team are seeking four Graduate Programmers to join us at our UK Games development studio based in Horsham, West Sussex. These permanent positions are an ideal opportunity to start a career in games development in an environment that invests in your career progression and join an exciting, thriving industry and at a world class studio.
The successful candidates will work on our current and unannounced titles whilst being mentored by senior members of the team. In this role, you will have access to our learning and development portal as well as our bespoke Trainee Developer Program.
As a Graduate Programmer on the Total War Team, you will provide C++ engineering support to develop reliable and maintainable production code.
On a Day-to-day Basis, You Will
- Work alongside your mentor, using industry-standard tools for development and source control
- Optimise and debug existing code as well as implement new features
- Write clean, well-commented and re-usable code
- Adhere to the company’s high-quality programming standards and development process
As you become more accomplished in your area of development, your mentor will lead you to becoming involved in the planning process and you will have the opportunity to add useful ideas to the work and make a real difference for our players.
Essential Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent C++
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal abilities
- Good problem-solving skills
- A project portfolio
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Passion for games and awareness of RTS titles
- Prior professional programming experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.