Battle AI Programmer
Position at Creative Assembly
This an excellent opportunity to join our growing team at Creative Assembly Sofia as an AI programmer.
Working with the team, you will look to produce efficient and effective AI solutions to the complex challenges presented by the Total War Campaign environment.
You will be working with a varied team of programmers, designers and QA Technicians collaborating to create leading-edge game AI that challenges our players and is fun and immersive to play against.
As a Battle AI Programmer you will be working in collaboration with coders, designers and QA, that are part of the AI and wider game and project teams, to develop behavioural elements of the Total War AI systems. This includes supporting existing AI systems through incremental improvement, feature updates and debugging along with creating new AI systems in response to project requirements.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Competency in C++ programming, knowledge of more recent language features
- Prior development experience
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Being able to work well across teams and other disciplines
- Good communication skills
- Creative problem solving
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Experience in game development
- An appreciation of games, and Creative Assembly titles, is an advantage
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality- Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus- We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork- We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect- Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust- Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.