(Closed) Audio QA Technician – New Sci-Fi FPS IP
Position at Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly are looking for a passionate, and experienced, Audio QA Technician who is enthusiastic about games audio to join the Console QA Team at our Studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
With a focus on the audio quality and reporting to the Audio QA Lead, you will work closely with our talented development team to help ensure the audio quality of titles within the award-winning Creative Assembly team.
We are looking for someone who can work independently with an excellent visual and audio attention to detail and can apply a methodical approach to tasks and problem solving to find and accurately log defects.
As an Audio QA Technician, your primary function in this role is to find, grade and report defects, completely and concisely, as well as aid in the reproduction and further investigation of issues.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Communicate key defects, feedback, and testing requirements to stakeholders, in both QA and the rest of the development team
- Be provided a degree of autonomy to generate work and achieve objectives
- Be responsible for recording test results, and task progress daily, including completion info status in the requested formats, as well as verification and confirmation of defects that have been fixed
- Acquire in depth knowledge of core features for titles in development and use in house tools to improve bug quality and accuracy.
Working with the rest of the Audio QA team, the larger QA Team, and the Audio Development team, you will work towards releasing the highest overall quality product possible by the given deadlines. Achieved primarily by logging and communicating clear and concise defects with the correct classification.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information, in the most suited format
- Previous experience in an audio related field
- Demonstrates interest in game audio, with a willingness to learn technical audio testing methods
- Ability to follow set process and a methodical approach when investigating issues
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area
- Wide ranging experience playing a variety of First-Person Shooting games, across Consoles and PC
- Previous QA Experience working in Games or other related fields is highly desirable
- Previous experience working on a AAA title in a development studio
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- Experience using Wwise software development tool
- Experience and knowledge of Unreal Engine
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant Audio field that can be applied to audio Games Testing
- A desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games
- A passion for video games
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.