(Closed) Narrative Story Editor
Crazy Maple Studio, Inc is growing big and how!? Our First Narrative Visual Game, Chapters: Interactive Stories is amongst the top grossing RPG game on Android & iOS and gearing up to expand the team with upcoming new and exciting projects! We are looking for superstar editors/ narrative designers for on-site and remote roles . A strong candidate would be someone who is highly collaborative and has strong Vision and Ideas to contribute for the organizational growth.
We are looking for several full-time, superstar story editors to work on a successful narrative mobile game for a remote/ on-site position. You will be working with a large team of story editors and freelance contract writers to adapt licensed popular fiction stories into interactive narratives that target a young female audience. This position involves extensive editorial work, a good amount of creative writing, and tasks related to formulating the creative direction of the selected stories.
Candidates interested in remote or on-site position may apply!
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
1. Strong creative writing skills
- At least one professional writing credit. This can be a published book, a purchased screenplay, work on a released video game, etc.
- Ability to utilize stories and testimonies to create inspiring communications and create emotional connections with potential and existing audiences.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Write clear, engaging copy for different needs - long form, short form, tag lines, campaigns, e-newsletters, brand and style guidelines, etc.
- Bring strong conceptual ideas to life in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent written communication skills.
2. Good game play skills and the ability to identify design and content issues
3. Comprehensive historical and current knowledge of the game industry for both the home and arcade markets is helpful.
- Passion for gaming industry and past experience is an asset
4. Copywriting/copyediting experience highly desirable
5. Experience working creatively and collaboratively with a team.
Relevant work experience:
- Three to five years of experience in informational or promotional writing with a portfolio of samples.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in communications or related field.
- A cover letter indicating why you’re interested in the position. In this letter, please state the top three genres you would be interested in writing for.
- A current resume, highlighting writing or editing work and educational experience.
- A writing sample (short story, script, or game writing). We prefer fictional prose samples or screenplay samples that showcase friendship and romance for a young adult audience. If you have more than one applicable sample, please include them.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Collaborative Work Environment
- Team Buildng and Social Events
- Flexble Hours
- WFH Option
- Flexible PTO
- Gaming Room
- Commute Reimbursement
- AND MUCH MORE!!!
If this opportunity interests you, APPLY NOW!