(Closed) Senior Writer
The Narrative team at Counterplay Games is looking for a full-time senior writer that will contribute to the overall narrative of a new IP. This role involves iterating on and writing the story, quests, characters, lore, and other narrative elements. You will also work closely with the Narrative Designer on the project in order to develop a story that best reflects design elements as they are developed.
You will work with the narrative team throughout the project to help create engaging storylines that best reflect the themes of the project and weave seamlessly into the gameplay. You will also identify the narrative needs for the project and help develop any processes as needed. You will also work with various other teams where you will represent the game narrative and help communicate the narrative vision.
About the Role and Responsibilities :
- Work with a small narrative team on high-level projects.
- Develop and maintain the story of a new IP.
- Work with the Narrative Lead to develop voice, tone, and themes.
- Write player facing text: including scenes, dialogue, lore entries, game tips, tutorials, and titles.
- Brainstorm story, lore, characters, quests, and narrative design with fellow narrative team members.
- Collaborate with the design team to understand the design intent and feel.
- Be a first reviewer on all text going into the engine. (Subtitles/Dialogue, Codex/Lore/Items/etc., *UI Text/Menus/Tutorial Plates/Tips)
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- At least one professional shipped video game writing credit.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working creatively and collaboratively with a team.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Ability to communicate openly and actively with the rest of the narrative team.
- Comfortable working in an entirely remote environment.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a plus!