Counterplay Games is looking for a Gameplay Programmer responsible for implementing gameplay systems and tools for our encounter and quest systems in Unreal Engine 4 for our next-gen PC and Console AAA video game. They'll collaborate closely with our design team to provide the best possible experience and value to our players.
The ideal candidate must adore of the following: 3D action combat games, action RPGs, or tactical shooters.
- Implement and maintain gameplay systems including event-based encounters and quest objectives
- Write clear, maintainable, functional, and usable code
- Profile, optimize, and debug code
- Mentor less experienced engineers as needed
- Fluent in C++, 3+ years professional programming experience
- 1+ years game development experience in AAA games
- Exceptional skill with data structures, logic, linear algebra, 3D math and distributed systems
- Ability to design and implement systems and APIs used by non-programmers
- Comfortable with extending and improving an established code base
- Experience with shipping a title in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with at least one AAA shipped title, preferably on PC or consoles
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree