As a Game Developer at Cosmic Games ULC you will be primarily responsible for:
- Executing a planned development schedule within our established Unity game systems.
- Balance and Question core systems and create agile Solutions to implement.
- Collaborating with game designers and developers to push the quality of our project above and beyond.
Specifically, we are searching for a highly passionate, motivated, organized, experienced individual to fill a role alongside our current development team- we need a developer that is willing to work within an agile environment and is ready to tackle any problem.
Example Problem #1 “Game A” is a single-player, linear progression mobile game. How would you plan to tackle malicious players that wish to change the code to bypass content.
Example Problem #2 “Game B” is an open-world single-player mobile game. Enemies grow in strength as the player plays. How would you have the enemy's “difficulty” scale within gameplay. Please specify how you would handle this with code & visually on the front end.
Game Creation Create a top-down 2D game. Use basic shapes to convey subjects.
Player = Rectangle Small enemy = Triangle Large enemy = Star
These are your design notes.
- The player is controlled with WASD
- The player controls a car-like vehicle that auto fires a basic projectile.
- There are two types of enemies:
- Small, low health enemies. (low threat* to the player)
- Large, high health “boss” enemy. (high threat* to the player)
- Win condition = find and kill the “boss” enemy.
- We are welcome to additional features.
- Threat = create this value with your own design.