Director, Strategic Sourcing
- Own and lead all aspects of the procurement and supply chain of critical components across Corsair’s entire portfolio of products to ensure optimum cost and delivery
- Survey the materials market landscape and take proactive measures to mitigate supply chain risks and position Corsair for success
- Develop and establish strategic relationships with suppliers and negotiate and secure best-in-class terms and conditions
- Manage and create processs as necessary to capture operational efficiencies and drive meaningful change in the organization
Position Summary, Responsibilities and Expectations:
Corsair is experiencing rapid growth and with commercial success comes increasing complexity across our supply chain. Changes to supply chains due to headwinds from COVID, exchange rates, labor and materials have added complexity.
To address these issues and more, Corsair seeks a leader to dive deeper into our supply chain and manage at the component level. From soft skills in relationship-building and negotiations to hard skills in data analytics, CTB, and allocation, this newly created role will spearhead our initiatives at the component level to ensure a robust supply chain.
- Own and manage supply vs. demand to close gaps and build appropriate buffer while minimizing excess and liability
- Build CTB models and drive allocation with Planning and Sourcing teams
- Survey market landsape to mitigate risks and build a robust and competitive supply chain.
- Develop and strengthen strategic relationships with suppliers at the executive level.
- Develop sourcing strategies and negotiate with suppliers to execute and achieve most favorable price, rebates, volume incentives, schedule, and terms and conditions.
- Prepare RFP/RFQ packages and review product roadmaps and demand forecasts to capture overall spend and award business to suppliers that meet Corsair’s needs.
- Track spend and cost-savings and set quarterly projections and targets to achieve.
Production Planning and On-Time Delivery:
- Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) material readiness with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure availability of materials to meet ramp
- Identify and analyze risks early in NPI, including business models, capacity, yield, and logistics, and drive these to resolution prior to ramp
- Review risk buys and purchase orders required from NPI through mass production (MP) and confirm supply commits
- Engage departments across Engineering, Marketing, Planning, and Quality from NPI through ideation to launch and scale our products and services
- Manage new and existing changes including design, materials, supply/demand forecasts, infrastructure, and logistics from concept to execution
Strategy Development and Project Management:
- Formulate and execute strategies to build world-class supply chain and secure supply
- Facilitate summary reports and recommendations and other ad-hoc activities for executive review
- Ability to manage and prioritize all the above tasks
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of procurement and/or supply chain experience in consumer electronics
- 5+ years leading and managing multicultural teams with particular emphasis on building and developing talent
- Significant experience and familiarity working with semiconductor manufacturers and understanding negotiating, and enforcing business agreements
- Cutting edge insight on competitive market landscape and trends affecting the consumer electronics industry
- Accomplished history in creating sourcing strategies and achieving results
- Hands-on knowledge in design, manufacturing, and/or supply chain of consumer PC products and components such as keyboards, mice, headsets, controllers, PSUs, cooling, fans, cases, lighting, and memory
- Outstanding analytical capabilities with proficiency in MS Excel and databases to extract, manipulate, and organize large datasets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint to create and deliver presentations to executives
- Ability to work cross functionally in a dynamic environment and travel internationally on a regular basis
- High degree of flexibility during evenings and weekends to collaborate with worldwide teams
- Strong work ethic and goal-oriented – no task is too big or too small
- Ability to lead, mentor, and build concensus as both a team leader and team player
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or science/engineering field, MS or MBA preferred