Software Engineer - Game Development
Concrete Software is looking for a motivated and experienced software developer to work on our mobile games. We are a ~30 employee game development studio based in Edina, MN with remote workers in various US locations.
- An upbeat and fun work environment, as you would expect from a game studio!
- Direct daily 1-on-1 mentorship to help you learn and grow as an engineer.
- Challenging and rewarding projects to work on.
- You’ll work in a team of outstanding engineers, who have a passion for building great games, both in terms of outstanding user experience and with great internal code quality.
- Ability to work 100% remotely from any location in the US (even after Covid), or if preferred in our Edina, MN office.
- A smooth all-online interviewing and assessment process.
The candidate will implement core pieces of major game features, using Unity (C#) for in-game implementation and AWS (Python) for backend cloud services. This includes technical design and implementation to improve the user experience, in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. The Software Engineer position requires a strong understanding of core software development disciplines, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate and work effectively in a team of other engineers, QA testers, game designers, and producers.
- Design, implement, test, and debug applications independently and in teams.
- Develop and maintain documentation.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that coding is done according to the best practices.
- Assist in preparing software requirements and design specifications to develop applications.
- Conduct and implement performance, unit, and stress testing of applications.
- Attend various knowledge-sharing activities.
- Assist in defining a project’s scope and objectives.
- Research and learn new technologies in their area of work.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Software Engineering or a related field
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in object-oriented programming, in C#, Java, or Python
- Knowledge expert in areas of the applications and infrastructure
- Good problem-solving skills
- Responsible and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and self-sufficient
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Interest in games and/or mobile technology
- Preferred: Understanding of Agile software development process and/ or issue tracking software (JIRA)
Qualified candidates may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Software development: 1 year (Required)