Concept Art House is looking for an Economy Designer who will own the in-game and NFT economy. You will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Producers and the rest of the team to participate in feature design, and provide feedback and observations from the perspective of the game economy as well as devise the strategy for our NFT economy
What you will do
- Lead the tokenomic design of our NFTs (and NFT drops), new tokens, and other on-chain items, always designing from the player perspective to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and balance while overseeing the health of P2P marketplaces
- Apply strong knowledge of macro and behavioral economics to create the in-game economy and analyze the many facets of the game economy, player engagement, monetization data at a macro and micro level, reporting on performance, identify issues and opportunities and suggest ways to optimize
- Be constantly learning about the evolving blockchain game economies, emerging player behavior and trends
- Champion insights to improve the effectiveness of economic design efforts.
- Have a point of view on scarcity-based economy models to create genuinely groundbreaking gaming experiences while keeping positive progression and play-and-earn philosophies at the core of your designs
- Build Blockchain mobile, PC & web games that the world loves to play
- Work hard and lead by example
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What skills you will need
- 5+ years designing economic models and simulations + familiarity with free-to-play economy and system design
- Knowledge of macro, microeconomics, pricing theory, and statistics, especially in the free-to-play gaming industry, with the ability to model problems into quantitative systems, formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game
- An avid gamer with a solid understanding of mobile games and other genres, while curious about the endless possibilities and opportunities of blockchain and NFTs
- Ability to model and simulate planned changes, overall sinks, and sources while anticipating downstream effects with post-launch analysis to ensure expected outcomes are reached
- Extremely robust logical and analytical thinking with the ability to abstract and decompose complex systems and identify key relationships and levers that influence the outputs
- Collaborative and excels in communicating with product managers, analysts, and executives.
- Experience with high volume secondary marketplaces
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field
- Advanced understanding of Excel, SQL, and/or Python + R, SPSS, SAS or other statistical analysis software
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth rapidly changing startup environment