Job Description: Programmer (Build Programmer)
Compulsion Games is a first party game studio and subsidiary of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios, located in Montreal, Canada.
We are a boutique team of industry veterans, who trust and respect each other and love our craft. Our games have won praise for their art, music, world building and narrative. We are now working on our next project!
We like to take on troublesome themes. We try to make characters with compelling, human flaws. We mix darkness and comedy.
The Programmer will be responsible to implement and support our build process and tools. He will identify opportunities to automate and improve our development processes by implementing script solutions or finding software that matches our needs.
- Create and maintain build-related tools
- Create and maintain automated build processes
- Create and maintain python tools in UE4.
- Branch management and integration in Perforce
- Maintain and troubleshoot core infrastructure
- Support product releases across multiple platforms
- 2-5 years of industry experience working on PC or console games
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language: Python, C#, etc.
- Experience with Perforce
- Familiarity with build systems and pipeline tools for Unreal
- At ease in English and/or French
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Looking to join a top-level, creative and independent team
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with Team-city
Compulsion Games is a quality-led studio with a humble team, who enjoy experimenting with an artistic approach to making games. We like to hire people who are drawn to our core values of trust, autonomy, harmony and craftsmanship; living up to those values and sharing our vision.
The team is passionately committed to championing both diversity and accessibility for our people and our players; a consistent value throughout the Xbox Game Studios group. Therefore a core part of our hiring process is ensuring new hires are well-aligned in order to build a harmonious team and company. We care deeply about our team and their wellbeing, so you’d be joining a close-knit group that are creative, inclusive and care about developing one another.
This is a full-time position, with full salary and studio benefits based in our new Downtown location, by Atwater Metro station. Our new studio is currently under construction, which we’re excited to be moving into once the situation with COVID-19 safely allows us to do so.