3D Environment Artist
Job Title: 3D Artist
Status: Full-time / Permanent
Location: 1001 Rue Lenoir, Studio A-329, Montreal, QC H4C2Z6, CA
Compulsion Games is a first party game studio and subsidiary of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios, located in Montreal, Canada.
We are a boutique team of industry veterans, who trust and respect each other and love our craft. Our games have won praise for their art, music, world building and narrative. We are now working on our next project!
We like to take on troublesome themes. We try to make characters with compelling, human flaws. We mix darkness and comedy.
3D Environment Artists will take part in the production of the games by creating, adapting or implementing all the essential 3D Environment elements for the success of the game, including objects and environment elements.
- 3D modelling and texturing
- Creating lighting & visual effects
- Creating in-game objects as well as level design art
- Work with level designers
- Assisting with planning 3D scenes and environments
- Working with other artists on the team
- Working with other members of the production team
- Any other work that may be directed by the production team
- 2-5 years of experience in 3D art
- Loves creating environment art
- Has a superb portfolio
- Is comfortable with the full range of 3D artist skills, including modelling, texturing, lighting, and composition,
- Has a commitment to creating high quality work and improving their workflow, and is comfortable working closely with team members from other disciplines.
- Familiarity with Maya, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Blender, SpeedTree and/or Unreal is a plus.
If that all sounds like you, then we would love you to come and work with us.