Unity (3D) Development Teaching Assistant
Unity (3D Gaming) Development Teaching Assistant - This is a remote work position working overnight hours in the US to teach students in Arabia time zone
ABOUT CODING DOJO
Coding Dojo is an industry-leading coding bootcamp whose flagship program is unmatched: we teach 3 full stacks in 3 months—a mixture of which can include iOS, Python, MEAN, Rails, C#, Java, or LAMP. This position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up and make a positive impact in many people's lives. At Coding Dojo we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wave makers rather than wave riders. If you're interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team who value speed, continuous improvement, measurement, focus, accountability, and always attacking the gap, you'll feel right at home at Coding Dojo.
- Occasionally support Instructors through assisting in teaching through small lectures, and live demos.
- Conduct reviews of assignments with students.
- Grading of assignments, quizzes, and other projects by students.
- Enforce the 20-minute rule for class attendance.
- Frequent check-ins with students (every 20 minutes depending), to identify what students are working on and how to support their learning.
- Provide student feedback to the lead instructor.
- Create and support a fun atmosphere for learning.
- Comfortable with supporting students remotely via Zoom & chat forums.
Experience working on game development projects, either as a team or independent, ideally using Unity, Unreal, JAVA or Scratch. You are excited to learn more about your craft, and even branch out beyond your skills to learn other aspects of game development.
- Experience in Epic’s Unreal game engine or Unity 3D game engine.
- Graphic design, 3D modeling, drawing, or animation skills.
- Hold a BSc., MSc., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Have worked on an open source project (link us to the Github) or have participated in game jam events
- Have developed for VR, AR, Desktop (Mac or PC Gaming), Mobile (iPhone or Android), Console (PS4, Xbox), or Web (Facebook or HTML5 applications).