We are currently looking for a capable, experienced Technical Artist to join our purpose-built Southam studio, close to Leamington Spa. At Codemasters we are known for creating some of the most cutting-edge and visceral game experiences and central to this success is the technical art direction of the studio.
Perhaps you have has a year or two in the games industry out of University, either as an under-grad or following a career change, and you have discovered your talent for technical art. If so, you could have the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best as well as some of its future stars (like you!) in an established, fun and highly supportive team.
This would be a great stepping stone toward a Tech Art career with us here at Codies. We love to develop talent internally and with an enviable and varied tech art capability, you will have a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow.
You will work under the direction of the Tech Art Lead and other key stakeholders to support art pipelines, workflows and processes to deliver streamlined art production and jaw-dropping visual quality. You will also take shared responsible for improving art pipelines and workflows for cutting-edge console games and creating tools to support the art team.
- Be a key conduit between the programming and art disciplines, translating the needs of the art team into practical, programmable solutions.
- Assist in our content pipelines for streamlined production and jaw-dropping visual quality.
- Use script-level programming to create tools for the art team
- Spot, log and track anomalies and blockers through to removal, identifying & implementing solutions
- Support the Technical Art Lead by providing information on technical implementation across all art disciplines.
- Help bring new techniques into the studio by staying alert to new tools and sharing your ideas.
In return we provide
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Annual bonus structure
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- Free company minibus from Leamington spa to work
- Free on-site gym
- Large on-site free car park
- Free fruit and coffee
- On site subsidised catering
- Our own pub!
We are recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop our culture of growth and inclusion. We welcome applications form people in all walks of life including but not limited to more women in the studio; gender identification diversity; neuro-diversity; all ranges of physical abilities; cultural variety and ethnicity to name just a few. Different people make better games together.
So if you are someone that is passionate about tech art and possess the ability to bring positive energy and empathetic, out-the-box problem solving then we want to hear from you!