Software Engineer - Gameplay
Our game teams are the creators and builders of the exhilarating experiences behind our titles and an exciting opportunity has opened in our Southam studio for a senior software engineer to join the team behind the Dirt Rally games, focusing on gameplay. The team are hard at work on an unannounced title and have also secured the official WRC licence from 2023, so the future looks incredibly exciting!
This opportunity will see you working alongside other talented programmers, designers and production staff to build innovative and exciting game features. In this multi-disciplinary environment, everyone is encouraged to evolve past their standard day-to-day duties and to share their ideas. We offer a super social and collaborative working environment, which is important to us, and this allows us to continue pushing the boundaries on what can be achieved.
As a senior gameplay programmer within the team, you can expect to work on many aspects of the game, which will include end-to-end user experience, system design and user interfaces to name a few. With these wide-ranging opportunities, we're looking for someone who embraces a challenge and holds a desire to give something new a try.
In time, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of a large area of game code, for example you could become a UI specialist or you may prefer to be more of a generalist and help look after several features such as cameras, replays and game modes. We can provide you with a high degree of autonomy and actively encourage ownership of code so that you can be the go-to person for the rest of the team. As a team we are very open to using the cutting-edge in technology and actively encourage open discussion about programming and the latest developments.
Duties will include:
- Designing, implementing and documenting code to the required standards, agreeing timescales with the team and testing your work and fixing bugs
- Work within a cross-discipline team to develop code, delivering features and tools
- Participating in sprint reviews, sharing your work and providing feedback to help your scrum team be more efficient
- Contributing across the dev teams, actively encouraging and mentoring the members of the team
- Deliver the work that is assigned to you without interference and raise any issues or problems that arise that you are unable to solve
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- Excellent modern C++ programming experience
- Previously worked in the games industry on several full-cycle shipped titles
- Strong attention to detail
- A conscientiousness approach and possess an awareness of the bigger picture of the project and the impact your actions have on its development
- Be enthusiastic about modern development techniques and keen to apply them to games
In return you will receive:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Highly competitive annual bonus structure and discounted employee share scheme
- Private health and dental plans for you and your family
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games each year
- Incredible peer community of top flight programmers in the games industry
If this sounds like you and you are interested in joining one of the best AAA developers in the world, then we would love to hear from you. We continue to assemble a diverse and passionate team that is inclusive of gender, age, race and all walks of life, so we are interested to know how you can make us even better.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.