Codemasters have been making iconic games for over 30 years. We're a world-leader in the development of racing titles across studios in the UK and Malaysia. We've been creators and guardians of some of the most adored titles and are proud to be the home of the official games of FORMULA ONE.
Ask anyone in Team Codies what the secret to our success is and they'll tell you it's about the people; the creativity; the vision; the tech and the family: One Codemasters. We've reached where we are today by raising the game, empowering people and sharing our passion to make the greatest racing games in the world.
The Formula One team's software engineering experts enjoy the ongoing challenge of developing technical solutions to complex problems. We are looking for a Build Systems engineer to help with the smooth delivery of our game to the development team and our players throughout its ever-evolving releases.
- You will develop technical solutions for build production and delivery systems
- You will provide automation of important build artefact production for both code and assets
- You will develop and make use of analytics-based feedback systems to accelerate build efficiency
- You will help the team with automated testing of functionality and performance of the game and development tools
- You will contribute to hardware requirements estimation for building a AAA scale game
- You will work in a Continuous Development-based environment with multiple product versions in flight at the same time.
- You will develop task estimates and report to the team
- Experience in process and build automation
- Knowledge of build systems including Jenkins.
- An understanding of Python and Windows batch scripting.
- Experience of development for consoles and PC platforms
- Experience of Perforce as a power user or admin.
- Good teamwork skills within a development team
- A passion for and commitment to a career in games
- 2+ years experience in a build engineering role within the games industry.
- Knowledge of distributed code build systems, including FastBuild.
- Knowledge of game platform compiler toolchains and SDKs
- Elasticsearch and Kibana
- C# and C++
- Experience of hardware provisioning and software configuration
- Experience with Linux
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.