Senior Gameplay Programmer
Senior Gameplay Programmer
Based in the North West, a development hub for the British games industry, and close to Liverpool and Manchester, Codemasters Cheshire is about to release the next instalment of the much lauded DiRT series. DiRT5 represents Codies' maiden voyage in to next gen territory and is delivering all of the studios famed AAA racing pedigree and expertise.
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join the team at an extremely exciting time as we approach the launch window. If making exciting gameplay features come to life excites you then this is the role for you as we have ambitious plans for this massively successful franchise!
For Codies, gameplay is all about achieving a level of precision interactivity which will deliver a satisfying and engaging dynamic to the player whether it be flying down the straight in to the first chicane on F1 or e-braking around the muddy terrain of Asia in DiRT5. With confirmed features such as the return of Gymkhana, 120 fps, local split screen and dynamic weather, we really are pushing the boat out to make this game one to remember for years to come and we have even more big plans for the future. This role represents a unique opportunity and challenge for an experienced game programmer that wants to make an impression within a supportive and hard-working group of people and in return be rewarded with a degree of autonomy and excellent development opportunities.
With regular social events, personal development time having been recently refurbished, the studio is a great place to work with some of the industry’s most talented individuals, whilst maintaining a fun and productive environment. We're a diverse and inclusive bunch too and we welcome applications from all programming talent right across the board. We make everyone welcome and we'd particularly invite applications from women and people from under-represented demographics.
Here's what we need you to do:
- Work closely with the design team to plan code, produce technical designs & overviews and action feedback on designs
- Write high quality code, following any standards and guidelines in place
- Participate in code reviews across features in your specialist area
- Coaching and/or mentoring less experienced staff on technical matters
- Keep the management team up to date with any problems and delays
- Test all code against the design ensuring it performs as required and performing tests as required
- Assist in finding and fixing bugs within your feature area
- Collaborate with your team and mentors to support good engineering practices
If you’re an experienced Gameplay Programmer with proven C++ skills with a track record of working on shipped Console (or PC) titles and have an appetite to succeed at the highest level of AAA development then we’d love to hear from you!
In return we offer:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Great mentoring and support
- Annual bonus structure
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- Gym scheme
- Free fruit and coffee
- Regular socials and in-studio game challenges