Quality Analyst - Dev QA
Codemasters are looking for a talented Quality Analyst to join the Dev QA team! Based in our state-of-the-art Southam studio, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the development teams, contributing to building a word-class DevQA function while using your passion for video games to drive your career forward and build fantastic racing games.
As a Quality Analyst, you’ll be working in our talented dev teams to support the design, engineering and continuous testing of our games while they are being created.
You’ll create, maintain and execute new QA procedures, and use a range of manual and automated testing tools and telemetry systems to monitor, validate and report on the quality of the game and the development process.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent games knowledge and a passion for the medium. Racing game experience will really help, but isn’t required.
- Proven background in software testing concepts and Agile development processes, with a good technical understanding of game software elements.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with a logical and methodological approach to tasks.
- Proven analytical and reporting skills, with a focus on milestone and metrics reporting.
- Good standard of general education to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant field; ISTQB Certified Tester is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office applications and Issue/Test Management systems such as JIRA, TestRail etc.
- Experience of working with MS Visual Studio, Plastic, Jenkins (or similar tools).
- Experience of working with Power BI is desirable
- Review and assess new User Stories and design specifications prior to development.
- Create and execute procedures to validate or test prototypes, game components, assets, features and game systems.
- Provide regular reporting and/or statistical analysis on the status of the game and the Dev QA process overall.
- Regularly assess and analyse key Dev QA and development processes for efficiency and effectiveness, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Evaluate manual and automated test results, and regress issues as they are addressed by the development team.
- Play a key role in the development process by attending project reviews and daily scrum meetings.
- Communicate build status and provide defect risk assessment, root cause analysis, and defect prioritization guidance.
As well as having access to an on-site gym, bistro/restaurant and pub, you will also receive ongoing training and development opportunities, a fantastic benefits package including competitive salary, enhanced pension, private healthcare and dental cover, annual bonus scheme, 10 free games a year and much more!
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.