Games Testers! Have you always wanted to work in the games industry? Now's your chance!
Codemasters are currently looking to take on Games Testers - professionally known as QA Technicians to join our onsite Quality Assurance Team in Southam, Warwickshire, UK. We cannot take agency applications for this role so please apply direct.
The role is:
- A temporary, fixed length contract.
- A full-time position (38.75 hours per week), Monday to Friday.
- Based at our Southam HQ in Warwickshire (though due to Corona we might ask you to commence from home).
- Note that we do not routinely offer part time hours or remote working for this role.
- Start dates from January 2021 through to Spring.
The location of this role is at our Southam Studio in Warwickshire and this is a Contractual requirement. Though we may need to commence people’s employment remotely due to Covid, this role is not a remote position and as soon as the studio reopens and it is safe to do so the QA team will be required to attend Southam each day as their place of work with immediate notice. For this reason we require all applicants to be at a local address within commutable distance at the commencement of employment.
Please send your C.V and complete the covering statement detailing why you would like to work as a QA Technician for Codemasters and telling us about your passion for games!
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Testing features, systems, feature sets, test cases and assets on assigned projects.
- Identifying, isolating and reproducing issues from the Testing - following the company’s processes & procedures.
- Reporting identified issues in a database concisely and accurately.
- Validating addressed issues to determine their status.
Skills, characteristics and attributes:
- A high standard of verbal and written English.
- Superb levels of focus and attention to detail.
- Be an incredibly passionate video games player and be knowledgeable about games and gaming - from both current and recent generations of home console hardware releases.
- A team player but also with the ability to work alone.
- Familiar & comfortable with Microsoft Office (in particular Excel).
- A desire to begin or nurture your career with great support
- Degree level education or equivalent is preferable.
- A minimum of a grade C (4) in both Maths and English.
Contracts are temporary of a fixed length until Summer 2021 with a potential to be renewed.
Codemasters encourage a full range of diversity in our teams and encourage all people to apply especially those from under-represented groups.
We have a duty of care that this role may not be suitable for who suffer from certain types of photosensitive epilepsy.