If you’re an experienced programmer with proven C++ skills, a shipped Console (or PC) title, and an appetite to succeed at the highest level of AAA development then we’d love to hear from you.
Based in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside and a stone’s throw away from Royal Leamington Spa (or Silicon Spa as it has become known!), Codemasters continues to be at the forefront of global AAA game development and is a leader in the Racing game genre.
Our purpose built Southam Studio is home to two of our well-known and received franchises, GRiD and DiRT Rally. We are looking for an Experienced Gameplay Programmer to join the award-winning DiRT Rally team and if making exciting gameplay features come to life excites you then this is the role for you as we have ambitious plans for this massively successful franchise!
For Codemasters, gameplay is all about achieving a level of precision interactivity which will deliver a satisfying and engaging dynamic to the player and this is something that anyone who has played Rally will understand! With big plans for the future of Rally, this role represents a unique opportunity and challenge for an experienced game programmer that wants to make an impression and in return be rewarded with a degree of autonomy and excellent development opportunities.
With an on-site pub (The Masters Arms!), bistro and fully kitted out (and free!) gym, the studio is a great place to work with some of the industry’s most talented individuals, whilst maintaining a fun and productive environment. We're a diverse and inclusive bunch too and we welcome applications from all programming talent right across the board. We make everyone welcome and we'd particularly invite applications from women and people from under-represented demographics.
Here's what we need you to do:
- Work closely with the design team to plan code, produce technical designs & overviews and action feedback on designs
- Write high quality code, following any standards and guidelines in place
- Participate in code reviews across features in your specialist area
- Coaching and/or mentoring less experienced staff on technical matters
- Keep the management team up to date with any problems and delays
- Test all code against the design ensuring it performs as required and performing tests as required
- Assist in finding and fixing bugs within your feature area
- Collaborate with your team and mentors to support good engineering practices