Based in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside and a stone’s throw away from Royal Leamington Spa (or Silicon Spa as it has become known), Codemasters continues to be at the forefront of British game development and is a leader in the Racing game genre.
Our purpose built Southam Studio is home to two of our well-known and received franchises, GRiD and DiRT Rally. We are looking for a talented Gameplay Programmer to join the DiRT Rally team and if making exciting game-play features come to life floats your boat, then this is the role for you as we have ambitious plans for this massively successful franchise.
For Codemasters, gameplay is all about achieving a level of precision interactivity which will deliver a satisfying and engaging dynamic to the player and this is something that anyone who has played Rally will understand! With big plans for the future of Rally, this opening provides a unique opportunity and challenge and will provide the successful applicant a future full of potential and reward.
With an on-site pub (The Masters Arms!), bistro and fully kitted out (and free!) gym, the studio is a great place to work with some great and talented individuals, whilst having fun and keeping fit. We're a diverse and inclusive bunch too and we welcome applications from all programming talent right across the board. We make everyone welcome and we'd particularly invite applications from women and people from under-represented demographics.
Here's what we need you to do:-
- Write high quality code, following any standards and guidelines in place
- Participate in code reviews across features in your specialist area
- Collaborate with your team and mentors to support good engineering practices
- Work closely with production to ensure your milestones are on track
- Keep the management team up to date with any problems and delays
- Test all code against the design to ensure it performs as required, writing automated tests where appropriate
- Assist in finding and fixing bugs within your feature area
If you’re a Gameplay Programmer with solid C++ skills and proven Console (or PC) games industry experience with an appetite to succeed at the highest level of AAA development, we’d love to hear from you!