Dialogue Designer - Audio
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Codemasters have consistently developed innovative and successful award-winning racing games and our Birmingham studio has a rich and unrivalled heritage of multiple award-winning racing games such as the official F1 game franchise. These titles embody our cornerstones of passion, quality, continuous innovation, and an all-encompassing ambition to be the world leader in what we do.
We are looking for a Dialogue Designer to join our fantastic Audio team within Formula 1, who can design and produce scripts to a AAA quality standard. If you have a passion for F1 and experience within creative/journalistic writing, then this role could be for you. Working alongside the award-winning and BAFTA nominated teams within Codemasters, this will be a chance to create and shape the future of the F1 series.
- Write and deliver script to a AAA quality standard including delivering dialogue and narrative ideas
- Liaise with the design team to gather dialogue requirements relevant to the product feature set
- Identify key areas of the title which require specific dialogue to be written
- Assist in dialogue recording sessions to monitor performance and identify preferred takes.
- Dialogue editing, clean-up, and processing (training can be provided)
- Work with dialogue middleware such as Audiokinetic Wwise and Alto to implement speech logic and triggering (training can be provided)
- Work with game editing software to implement speech triggers
- Assist with dialogue prototyping
- Speech file management and error checking and Speech testing, bug fixing and polish
- Liaise with the localization manager to ensure the script and sample files are prepared for external use for multiple languages.
- Regularly report progress to the DDG and notify them of any changes arising in agreed specification and schedule. Inform them of any implementation issues and agree solutions promptly
Qualifications and what you will need:
- You will need to have experience of journalistic writing
- You will need a comprehensive Formula 1 and motorsport knowledge base
- Ability in creative writing
- Good standard of education ideally to GSCE level to include Mathematics and English
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with both creative and technical sound design
- Understanding of video game audio
- Unity / Unreal
- Audio editing packages such as Soundforge
- Audio DAWs such as Reaper, Pro tools, Logic
- Interactive speech tools such as Twine
In return we offer:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Outstanding benefits package including annual bonus scheme, private health and dental plans, employee discounted share scheme, new console allowance and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games per year
- State-of-the-art working environment
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.