Development QA Engineer
Our Racing studio in Southam is looking for a talented Development QA Engineer to work directly within our game development teams. Dev QA is embedded directly within the development process and is a role working side-by-side within the games team on one of our hit titles.
You’ll be working in our talented dev teams to support the design, engineering and continuous testing of our games while they are being created. You’ll help to create and maintain our custom automated test frameworks and use a range of tools and telemetry systems to monitor, validate and report on the quality of the game.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Help create and maintain our automated test framework and associated custom tools. Code new automated test scripts based upon existing manual test scenarios
- Monitor and act upon Continuous Integration and game telemetry output (e.g. stability, runtime errors, performance and memory usage data) to maintain build quality
- Execute manual testing tasks when required on specific prototypes, game components, assets, features and/or systems
- Evaluate manual and automated test results, and regress issues as they are addressed by the development team
- Communicate build status and provide risk assessment, root cause analysis, and defect prioritisation guidance
- Provide technical and troubleshooting oversight to other team members; share expertise across the wider Development QA team
We strongly believe in recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop our culture of growth and inclusion. We look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. Please apply from all demographics including but not limited to culture, ethnicity, gender, gender-identification, disability and neuro-diversity.
Skills & Experience that we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with a logical and methodological approach to tasks
- Educated to BSc Degree level or equivalent in an applicable technical field such as Computer Science or Games Development
- Experience of working on simple programming projects in C++ or Python and familiarity with XML scripting
- Experience of working with MS Visual Studio, and understanding of Source Control/Continuous Integration tools such as Perforce, TeamCity, Jenkins, or similar
- Experience using Confluence & JIRA is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent games knowledge and a passion for the medium is a must. Whilst Racing game experience will really help, this isn’t required.
In return we offer:-
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Annual bonus structure
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- Free company minibus from Leamington Spa to work
- Free on-site gym
- Large on-site free car park
- Free fruit and coffee
- On site subsidised catering
- Our own pub!
Our Southam studio is a short (company arranged) bus ride from beautiful Leamington Spa (voted one of the happiest places to live!). One of the huge benefits of working with Codies is not only the variety of challenge, but also the talent of the team around you at all levels, all with one mission – to be the best racing games developer in the world. We look forward to hearing from you.