Campaigns & Activations Director
About Code Red Esports:
Code Red Esports is a leading global esports agency, with multiple nominations for Best Supporting Agency at the Esports Awards and a roster of major influencers, commentators, hosts and analysts. Working solely within the esports and wider video gaming industry, we are passionate about providing tailored, market-leading solutions to our clients.
Code Red provides a number of services ranging across consultancy, commercial rights brokerage, marketing, custom events and project management services, operating influencer marketing programmes and the management of our roster of leading talent. Our influencer roster includes a wide range of household names within gaming, whilst our campaigns team works for renowned brands providing creative marketing services, consultancy, and a varied range of esports projects. Alongside management that has extensive expertise and a deep-rooted history in the sector, the Code Red team is comprised of individuals who care deeply about the industry and are driven to deliver outstanding results.
Part of the GameSquare Esports group, if you are passionate about conceptualising, creating and delivering impactful campaigns within the esports industry, this is an excellent opportunity to join and grow with a young, dynamic company during an exciting period of growth, working with industry leaders on globally renowned clients.
Code Red requires an experienced esports professional to lead our campaigns division, which delivers bespoke services (including consultancy, events and marketing campaigns) to leading global brands and agencies.
You will possess an in-depth knowledge of the esports industry built from an extensive career working within the space, where you have led the delivery of a wide range of significant campaigns for major companies. This will have included experience in delivering physical (offline) gaming events, providing you with extensive associated technical expertise and project management skills; and you will have excellent account management skills from working with major clients.
Your work will include leading our team in devising creative ideas for campaigns which our commercial team can pitch to a wide range of brands (on which you may support), helping your team create high-quality sales presentations in PowerPoint for our commercial team, executing campaigns for our clients, writing consultancy reports for our clients, and creating and leading the delivery of new and unique esports and gaming events (including managing third-party suppliers).
You will manage a small team of direct reports, which we are expecting to grow, and will be responsible for their development and progression.
The position is Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm, however due to the nature of the clients we work with within the esports sector, there is sometimes a need to deliver projects out of hours (time off in lieu provided).
This role is available for remote working within the United Kingdom, with a 4-day hotdesking session approximately every 6 weeks in Birmingham (all expenses paid). As such, you will need a strong work ethic and be able to work independently and efficiently, with a keen eye for detail.
- Lead creative ideation of campaigns for our clients and potential clients.
- Lead and carry out consultancy, marketing campaign delivery (including events) and other agency services for Code Red’s clients.
- Lead the preparation of formal, written presentations, pitches, RFPs and marketing materials for Code Red, its clients and potential clients.
- Provide key account management services commensurate to a leading esports agency to all assigned clients.
- Using internal project management tools for project management, planning and reporting budgets, resource and workload.
- Manage campaigns team and provide developmental support.
- Travel as needed to attend meetings and deliver client events.
- Deliver on your campaign team’s goals and other business KPIs.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience working within the esports industry, leading the delivery of a wide range of significant projects for major companies.
- Experiencing in delivering physical (offline) gaming events.
- Personable and charismatic individual who is prepared to cultivate a fun and team-oriented culture that performs.
- Sound business judgment, integrity, problem solving and analytical problem-solving skills.
- A keen eye for detail and pride in the delivery of exceptional work.
- Strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, support our sales team strategically, and communicate efficiently internally and externally.
- Flexibility in your approach to working hours & work on location.