Regional Legal Counsel
What we do
Coda Payments helps Google, Tencent, and other leading digital content providers monetise their products in places where credit and debit cards aren’t widely used. We establish partnerships with a wide range of alternative payment channel operators who make it possible for customers to pay in other ways: paying cash at retail, using a mobile wallet, making a bank transfer, or redeeming a prepaid card.
Coda also allows publishers to accept payments through these various methods on their own website or at our gaming e-commerce site.
What it is like to be in our team
Life at Coda is fast-paced: our instinct is to bite off a bit more than we can chew, so we’re always busy. As a rapidly growing startup, we’re always ready to keep up and adapt to changes quickly; when we go fast, we have shorter time to react.
We’re always impatient and we don’t wait for things to happen; we hustle to make them happen. If you’re someone who is tired of waiting for your ideas to be heard; someone who is hungry to contribute more; someone who derives more satisfaction from team wins rather than from individuals ones; and someone who values integrity rather than cutting corners - you will fit perfectly into the Coda team!
You will be part of our growing in-house legal team in ensuring regulatory compliance and day to day operational contract review! Specifically, you will:
- Provide legal advice to support the business, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating of contracts with payment channel providers, merchants and third-party vendors.
- Analysis and provision of advice focused on proposing business-oriented solutions on a wide range of matters, including general commercial, corporate advisory and employment work.
- Responding to enquiries from business development team about legal and contractual obligations.
- Support legal and regulatory compliance matters in Brazil and overseas, especially with the company’s global expansion.
- Assist in drafting and implementation of internal compliance policies and procedures.
- Instruct and manage external counsels, if required.
- Law degree.
- At least 2 years of commercial contract review experience in Brazil or any common law jurisdiction.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and client communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and risk assessment capabilities, with good judgment and commitment to delivering results.
- Experience within Fintech industry will be advantageous.
- A good understanding of cross-border commercial work.
- Hands on, independent, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
Please submit your resume in English.
If you're looking for a rapid-growth environment and great teams to work with, you should apply now.
We're sorry to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified as we may be overwhelmed by the number of applicants that go into our system, hence if you do not get a reply from us - don't give up on us just yet!
We encourage you to also check out our career site - we may have other suitable openings for you.