Who We Are
Cloud9 Esports is the premier esports organization in the world. Fielding twelve professional teams in eleven different games, Cloud9’s reach is unparalleled – generating more viewer hours than cable networks like CNN or ESPN. In 2017, Nielsen declared Cloud9 as the most recognized esports brand in the US and UK. Cloud9 is one of two organizations globally to own franchises in both the League of Legends LCS and the Overwatch League.
About the Position
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to help manage, track, and evaluate day-to-day activities. The Accounting Manager responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting information. Support the daily operations of the accounting department including month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, payroll, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, account statement reconciliations, etc. You must excel in an unstructured, start-up environment and be able to set structure.
- Supporting all accounting functions.
- Supporting audit and tax processes.
- Supporting month-end and annual closing and reporting.
- Maintaining general ledger, sub-ledger, and of chart of accounts.
- Building best-in-class accounting governance and policies including accrual reporting, proper risk accounting, and other internal controls.
- Supporting day-to-day treasury functions such as payables, receivables, and other transactional accounting.
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Supporting financial planning and analyses.
- Coordinating and complete annual audits.
- Providing recommendations and improve systems and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in finance, accounting, or a related field
- 7+ years of accounting experience with the most recent experience as an accounting manager
- Deep understanding of GAAP
- Expertise with audits, taxes, and other customary accounting functions
- Significant expertise with QuickBooks
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- Experience with other accounting software (Stripe, Expensify, etc.)
- Strong organization and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Self-starter with the ability to identify opportunities for process improvements and building controls
- Detail-oriented with the utmost integrity
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially
Bonus points if you have:
- Previously worked at the Big 4 or similar experience
- Experience in entertainment (specifically, gaming and sports)
- Experience as a controller within a venture capital or private equity backed businesses
- Experience working with California-specific requirements
- Previous experience building an accounting department
- Master’s in Accounting
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cloud9 Esports is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital or domestic partnership status, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cloud9 will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.