Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. And we are now looking for a Workplace Coordinator to join our Studio Experience and Operations team.
Our Studio experience team manages CIG’s physical work locations, supports colleagues, and ensures each studio is a remarkable place to work, which is exactly where the Workplace Coordinator comes in.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Hotel Manager, Concierge, Hospitality Front of House, Office/Reception Manager to really make their mark. Not only you will have your set hours - Monday through to Friday (yes, it does mean you get weekends, evenings, all public holidays and our company global ‘Citizen Days’ off), your main responsibility will be to make everyone’s studio experience better.
What is our Workplace Coordinator responsible for?
- Acting as a focal point for anyone (and anything!) coming to and leaving our studio, ensuring correct security measures are employed.
- Immersing yourself within the Studio life, answering any Studio services queries and acting as our human resource library.
- Carrying out administrative duties such as stock ordering (e.g., stationary, drinks, food) and working closely with our Global Travel Coordinator to accommodate visitors from other studios (including corporate accommodation).
- Supporting Studio Experience Team Manager with party preparation and meeting planning.
- Partnering with the rest of Studio Experience Team on any other duties and projects.
What do we look for?
- Experience in a Front of House, Concierge, Reception/Office management type of role.
- A friendly and welcoming face for our visitors, suppliers and colleagues from other studios.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and projects while staying organised.
- Great communication skills to respond to all internal communications / questions in a timely fashion.
- Passion for computer games!
Please note although this role will be based out of our new state of the art studio in Manchester City Centre, initially you will be required to come into our Wilmslow Studio.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.