As a VFX Programmer you would be pushing forwards the technology that delivers real time visual effects of the highest quality. Through close collaboration, our multi-disciplinary team of programmers and artists have built a strong track record of delivering complex and innovative features, such as planet-encompassing weather effects, systemic & persistent simulation of fire, and state of the art rendering techniques. While the team's focus is on visuals, with a large contribution of rendering work, there are also significant contributions to the gameplay and tools code to ensure we can deliver such complex features, making this role both diverse and rewarding.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does a VFX Programmer at CIG do?
The VFX Programmer role is quite varied, but we can guarantee that you will:
- Design and implement well-engineered, maintainable, multi-threaded code with strong focus on real-time performance, using modern C++.
- Cooperate & communicate with internal customers in tight iteration-feedback loops.
- Embrace the agile development model with scrums, sprints etc.
- Collaborate with other teams to complete various projects.
- Excel in one or several of these specialisations: o Graphics programming o Game programming o Tools programming.
What do we expect from our VFX Programmers?
- Ability to comfortably work with C++ in a large, shared codebase, including testing, code-reviews and source-control.
- Good knowledge of 3D mathematics.
- Experience in one of the following fields:
- Graphics programming
- Game code (VFX experience big plus)
- Tools programming.
- Ability to work in an agile, cross-functional, and idea-fuelled environment.
At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for several VFX Programmers with various levels of experience – from junior all the way to senior, and beyond! Therefore, if our VFX team sounds like your perfect fit, please apply immediately!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.