We are looking for a vehicle artist to join our Austin Studio team!
- Working from concept models and images to create fully functional vehicles with interactive and navigable interiors while maintaining a strict adherence to metrics and standards
- As part of a team, maintain a high standard of modelling, texturing, PBR material creation and manufacturer design cues to provide consistent and high quality assets
- Work with technical artists to deliver ‘animation’ ready solutions for physics driven elements such as landing gear or wheels while also delivering fully animated parts for all other ship elements such as doors, canopies, ramps, seats, transformations, etc
- Work in collaboration with the Concept Artists and Art Directors to maintain visual style and quality to deliver a cohesive visual experience
- Collaborate with designers, technical artists, and partner studios to achieve game design goals while at the same time maintaining file naming and directory structure requirements
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- Excellent sense of form, mass and volume and a keen eye for industrial design
- Hard surface modeling experience
- Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max or Maya
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and texture creation for use in PBR shaders
- Experience applying PBR shaders
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making
- Working knowledge of rigging and animating hard surface models
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- A High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- International travel may be required as part of this role
- Experience with Lumberyard
- Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An avid gamer
- A love of Sci-Fi
- Experience in vehicle or industrial design
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
CIG Diversity Statement: CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.