Star Citizen UI lives in the game world as 3D holograms, physical screens and high-tech heads up displays. Imagine developing retro sci-fi adverts for a crumbling city, interactive maps for a high-tech space station, or making a star fighter’s HUD look beautiful as well as useful.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What do our UI Artists do?
- Be the ‘go to’ person for creating UI visuals that support Star Citizen's gameplay and story
- Work in close collaboration with our UI and Game Art teams to create a groundbreaking player experience
- Be comfortable implementing content in the game engine, using our in-house development tools
- Develop beautiful UI sci-fi concepts that work with gameplay and environmental screens
- Help mentor Junior UI Artists and other team members and aid them in their professional development.
What would we expect from our UI Artists?
- Experience in creating front-facing user-interfaces for any medium
- Demonstratable Graphics Design and composition skills
- A varied portfolio showcasing artwork, including user-interfaces
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, cross-functional team environment.
- A proactive hands-on approach, with a drive to get UI in game and working well for the player
At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for several UI Artists with various levels of experience. Therefore, if our UI team sounds like your perfect fit, and if you are passionate about games, love game art, and most importantly, you believe you can take us to the next level, then please apply immediately!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.