Cloud imperium games is looking for a UI artist to help design and implement high quality frontend and in-game UI on Star Citizen.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate through their work, a keen eye towards functional user interfaces, with a clean and high-end modern visual aesthetic fitting for our grand sci-fi universe.
- Collaborate with game designers and the UI Director to create a well-thought-out user experience that is intuitive and will delight users
- Creatively explore and generate polished assets, user interfaces, and presentation materials while fitting to the Star Citizen style
- Solicit and give feedback to improve the process and quality of work
- Work with a multi-discipline team taking features concept to release
- Design mock-ups/iterations using Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects focused on UI and gameflow
- Creating appealing, sci fi visuals that push the visual quality of game UI while maintaining usability
- Preparing and designing of all facets of the User Interface including: mockups, icons, screen designs, animations, UI style guides, general art and documentation.
- Work with the Art Directors to help define new UI art styles, or work creatively within existing guidelines where appropriate.
- Work with our tools and game engine to implement high quality UI that works well in game
- Iterate on designs and implantation to get the best player experience and visuals possible within the timeframe
- 3-5 years practical art/design experience working in interactive media and/or video games.
- Able to create polished artwork in a variety of styles
- Good composition and graphic design skills
- Solid understanding of UI design best practices and interaction design fundamentals
- Ability to translate flow charts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished UI systems
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop; strong skills Illustrator & After Effects
- Previous experience with game engines, web design, 3D modelling or motion graphics is a plus
- Experience in game scripting, web design or programming
- Strong cross-functional communication skills: verbal, written and visual.
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions
- Strong passion for gaming
- Excellent organization and efficient time management skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment