Enable developers to create Star Citizen
As part of the Editor team, our Tools Programmers are the powerhouse behind the multitude of tools that empower/enable our developers to build such ambitious and technologically advanced games. Delivering everything from slick editor tools for constructing a solar system, to the data pipelines to compress terabytes of geometry and textures, our tools programmers work closely with Designers, Artists, Engineers, QA and Production to solve a multitude of problems.
With the huge scale of our games and resulting complexity of technology it's built upon, it is critical that our tools empower developers to effortlessly realize their ambitions, whether that be constructing a million km wide asteroid belt or SOMETHING SMALL.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We're currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does a Tool Programmer at CIG do?
- Collaborate with other team members and disciplines to design and implement well-engineered, reliable, scalable and robust tool
- Identify internal technical and developmental risks and obstacles and apply latest techniques and solutions to overcome them
- Work to continuously improve user experience, capabilities and performance
- Peer-review technical designs and documentation with the help of the wider team
What do we expect from our Tool Programmers?
- Comfortable working with C++ in a large shared codebase
- Experience with UI frameworks, such as QT and/or MFC
- Familiarity with 3D math
- Passion for creating a great UX
- Ability to iterate and improve workflow through innovative problem solving
- Ability to work in an agile, cross-functional environment
- Effective at explaining and presenting technical solutions to both programmers and team members from other disciplines
So, if you are an enthusiastic and self-starting Tools Programmer please apply for this role immediately!
Covid-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief... We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.