We are looking for a talented Sound Designer to join the Cloud Imperium Games audio team. As part of the team you will record, design and implement audio for our Star Citizen and Squadron 42 projects in a cooperative and cross disciplinary environment.
You’ll get the chance to create and implement AAA quality audio assets using a wide range of sound design methods and techniques. Proven games-experience and proficiency in Wwise is important as we work with this everyday and a robust skill set in both creative sound design and technical implementation, with a focus on creative sound design.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What do our Sound Designers do?
- Create and implement AAA quality audio assets using a wide range of sound design methods and techniques.
- Own and drive improvements in targeted areas of audio in the project.
- Assist in mentoring more junior members on the team.
What would we expect from our Sound Designers?
- Proficient knowledge of audio middleware tools and game engines such as Audiokinetic’s Wwise and Amazon Lumberyard etc.
- Proficient with modern day audio software tools (Reaper, Izotope RX, Plugins).
- Clear and demonstrable skills in creative audio asset design and implementation.
- A good knowledge of field and studio recording e.g. SFX, Foley, Dialogue etc.
- A show-reel of relevant game-centric audio work.
We are unable to assess candidates who do not submit a demo reel, and please note this is not a music composer position.
Please provide an up to date and relevant sound design demo reel displaying your creative and technical sound design skills e.g. linear sound design (sound design for a trailer, animation, gameplay capture) and game audio implementation (design and implement audio into any of the free game engines (Unity, UE4, CryEngine).
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.