Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a skilled and talented Senior Cinematic Artist (3D) to join our Marketing team in the Manchester, UK Studio.
As a Senior Marketing Cinematic Artist, you will be part of a team dedicated to bringing the Star Citizen world to life through in-engine (realtime) rendered content for our growing fan base. This includes cinematic and gameplay trailers, commercials, web videos, and story driven narrative content with expert use of cinematography to achieve the directors vision.
You will be an integral part of the creative process, from initial layout and previs of a shot all the way to final delivery and you will also have the opportunity to be part of the concept and ideation stage of projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in cinematography and will have a good eye for composition, lighting and visual storytelling combined with an excellent sense of timing.
You will utilize a generalist skillset in order to bring a shot from initial blocking to final render. We absolutely encourage applicants who have more specialized skillsets but willing to learn and adapt to a generalist role to apply.
Skills must be demonstrated via a professional Showreel/Portfolio
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does a Senior Marketing Cinematic Artist at CIG do?
- Collaborates with the Showrunner, Director of Marketing Cinematics, Production, and the Cinematics artists on all content on a shot-based workflow.
- Set up and creates high quality/dynamic in-engine (realtime) renders, taking shots from initial blocking to final renders. This will include environment creation and set dressing, camera animation, animation blocking using our existing vast library of mocap animations, keyframe ship animations, use of FX, and lighting.
- Ensures timely completion of work at a very high-quality bar
- Manages work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and expectations.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide clear and efficient communication to others on the Cinematic team and to other departments involved.
- Provides and maintains cutting edge technical knowledge.
What do we expect from our Senior Marketing Cinematic Artist?
- Substantial professional experience working as a digital artist in Film, VFX, Animation, television, and/or video game industries with advanced realtime engine experience or other high-end renderers. CryEngine a plus, or with Unreal or Unity.
- Demo Reel is required
- Advanced knowledge with industry-standard 3D software and technologies (ideally Maya and/or 3ds Max)
- Strong keyframe animation skills that are judiciously timed and convey weight effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail, self-motivation, and initiative. Solution-oriented individual who is familiar with a high-volume of work and compressed deadlines
- Can work independently with limited to no supervision and can be agile and can adapt to rapidly changing production developments. Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remain positive, and motivate your team. May mentor and coach other artists.
- Scripting experience in Python a huge plus
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.