We are the ground-breaking development team behind the highly anticipated space-sim Star Citizen and the cinematic campaign Squadron 42. We continue to raise the Bar of visual quality and what is possible in a AAA standard title.
The ideal candidate would be proficient artist who can apply their skills to a variety of assets from intricate hard-surface props and weapons to organic soft furnishings, from the size of a pencil to that of a satellite relay. We will expect them to adapt and overcome artistic and technical challenges in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Create a diverse array of high-quality props and weapons with and without concept
- Work with other departments to produce assets with specific design and technical requirements
- Work within and define strict metrics and technical mark-up
- Continue to push the quality of artwork both visually and technically
- Proficient at hard-surface modelling – optimised for in-game use
- Experience creating materials with Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with a game engine
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable game assets
- Technical mindedness and versatility
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Experience working on a AAA quality title
- 3Ds Max or Maya user
- Organic assets with zBrush and marvellous designer
- Experience with Lumberyard
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.