As an Online Programmer, you will work on the core technology that enables Star Citizen’s large-scale dynamic universe. You will collaborate with network and backend engineers to work on our cloud-based entity streaming technology and other online services such as chat, player inventories, player groups/organizations and other service powered (gameplay-) features.
You will join the team that is building our high-fidelity realtime 3D engine (StarEngine) and you will work and interact with CloudNative tech, such as gRPC, kubernetes, docker, all while using latest top end PC Hardware and Cloud Technology.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
What do our Online Programmers do?
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various (gameplay-) systems.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Research and identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and apply latest technologies and solutions to overcome them.
- Working with QA, effectively track, diagnose and solve a variety of complex issues.
What would we expect from our Online Programmers?
- Comfortable working with C++ in a large, shared codebase.
- Have a good knowledge of 3D mathematics.
- Have experience with programming game features and systems.
- A passion for making and playing games.
- Work well in a co-located yet collaborative team environment.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info(@)cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.